1. Grew up on a dairy farm outside Snohomish, shoveling stuff and working hard; driving a tractor, a 52 Jimmy, cutting hay, stomping silage, climbing a silo!
2. Had fun as a Junior Counselor as an 8th grader, at Camp Silverton, with all the 5th graders as campers.
3. Worked in a food booth at the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1962, serving milkshakes and crab salads. The booth manager absconded with the money! Other workers were college students from Texas, California and Seattle.
4. I have a lot of relatives that seem to get caught up in earthshaking disasters:
Lynn 9-11-2001 in NYC; Veronica, Frank, MJ and Chloe in New Orleans during Katrina and Rita, then Key West for Wilma; V & L's Aunt Barbie, husband and children lost on Mt. St. Helen's in 1980.
5. Spent 3 weeks in the sun in Cabo this past January.
6. Lived in San Francisco for 3 years, on Mt.Davidson.
7. Worked in San Francisco for a time in 1964 before quitting to go to CWSU.
8. Spent a night on a sailboat tied to the pilings of the Bay Bridge (no engine). The tide eventually turned and we sailed back to Alameda.
9. Spent Christmas in Hawaii once.
10. Sailed out the Golden Gate without getting seasick!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sometimes ten is not enough.
GO, Mary, go! Now you're blogging. I really enjoyed this "10 things" meme.
I think I'll have to do another 10, possibly called Monday Mania!!
Post a Comment