The wind is blowing and the snow is whirling in all directions. The cold air is entering this old cabin through every crack between the boards. We're just using the electric heaters so far tonight and we're saving the wood stacked at the ready by the fireplace for when the power goes out. The candles are all within easy range as are the flashlight and batteries. There's even kerosene in the lantern. Could be fun!!
The beach was littered with sheets of broken ice earlier this afternoon. The ice floes get stranded on the beach as the tide goes out and then crack up. Lots of ice floes. Out on the water, the ice runs right over the mooring buoys just like the logs do. You'd think the ice would break apart when it hits the buoys, but the ice is harder than you think and doesn't break up then!
That picture of the deck this morning looks very barren compared to how the deck is totally covered with several inches of snow tonight. Last night at 11:30 it was 9 degrees. Tonight it is snowing and has warmed up to about 24 degrees.
The wind is really whipping. I'll probably stay up late just to watch. The glass screen door on the water side is now covered with blowing snow and will probably be frozen shut by morning.
This is the 11:00 report!!!.......Tom is of course asleep in his recliner and Angelo has the couch!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm sure you're prepared for the next week. Stay snug and warm, don't take any chances. I'm sure you're ready for Christmas anyway.
Love ya.
I am tired of the snow now! I think if I leave for home now I may get there on Christmas Eve? Maybe they can make a Hallmark movie out of my journey and I could make enough money to really retire?
I signed up on facebook yesterday Mary you need to if you haven't yet. I actually chatted with Coral this morning, I miss Cabo!
Scott, we're safe and snug. Tom's new tires and 4WD are great! We are ready for the holidays!
Pat: Thoughts of Coral and Cabo now make me want to cry. We survived. Nice snow drifts but not so bad, and the power stayed on all night. I'll check out facebook, Pat. When will we see you? You're headed here before Coulee, yes? Maybe you can trade for Tom's truck to drive home.
Hey Tom & Mary,
Checked here to see if you'd posted about the storm(s)Sounds like you weathered it out okay -some sleep? We thought of you when we first heard about the wind warnings, hoping you wouldn't get hit too hard! I imagine you've stoked up the fire, and are warm and snuggly!
Take Care, Debbie & Jerry~
Hi Debbie! Yes, we're toasty and snug-as-a-bug last night, too. I slept amazingly well until about 0730 hours. The wind didn't cause any damage; it just made drifts of snow on the road, deck, against the house. We're really good.
Hope you are, too.
Post a Comment