Sunday, December 21, 2008

Handwritten Meme



The meme: A combination of the letter meme and the in-your-own-handwriting meme.

The instructions: You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.

Veronica assigned me the letter 'P' on her blog of the zombieprincess.

The first P has to be for PASTA, as in lasagna, fettuccine alfredo or gorgonzola with chicken or seafood, spaghtti with meat sauce, or Papa's pesto on linguine. All pretty nummy in this Italian household!

Which leads us to Number 2, PAPA. We wouldn't even be Italian without him and wouldn't be scraping up the last of the gravy with the rustic bread if it weren't for him. And life would have no humor or love without Papa.

Number 3 is for all the people I love. A lot of these people have names beginning with P or a maiden name beginning with P. And I just love people, especially characters, individuals, and people that display their uniqueness and their sense of humor. I am jealous of them and their talents.

Purple is Number 4. I love the color purple and I plant lots of purple, plum, orchid, lavendar, and pink flowers. If I see anything, a shirt, blouse or purse, in one of the aforementioned shades of purple, I am immediately drawn to it.

I do love to play, so that is Number 5. I love to play with little kids. I remember playing Transformers and GI Joe with David M when he was 5. And with Julie G. Remember Julianna and Genarro, V and L? As a kid we played in the snow a lot on the farm. The drawback was that when you fell off the sled, you could wind up in cowpies! Maybe the snow wasn't deep enough! And I love to play cards-- bridge, pinochle, and the 5-deck game we play with Joe and Karen. And I love to play the slots when I win! And I love to play with Angelo and my grandkids.

I love Emporor Penguins, and character penguins, so they are Number 6. MJ reminded me the other night that she likes penguins, too. They are cute!!

How could you have the letter P and not think of Parties! Number 7 it is!! Christmas Parties, Valentine parties, spin-the-bottle parties!! Birthday parties. I remember my 6th and my 12th, maybe also my 16th. MJ will always remember her 16th and Chelsea will remember her 13th.

Pansies is Number 8. I had to go back to the color purple for pansies. Purple pansies are the best! Lena Liu and Debbie H. paint the best pansies!!

Prizes came in as Number 9. I love to win the prizes, raffle prizes, sur-prizes. What fun!

I went back to food again for Number 10. I must be hungry. Pizza is wonderful stuff. I especially love Italian sausage on a pizza. My favorite pizzas are "The Works" or "The Supreme" with everything on them. I love lots of meat like sausage, pepperoni, and tons of cheese, stringy cheese.

And there you have it.

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

Beautifully done!

I do remember J&G, especially Julianna. She and I were best friends for a time, and I was thinking of her when I talked about "my" little kids. And Julie G, and Jennifer, too - Todd's little blonde cousin. Do you remember her?

Debbie~ said...

Merry Christmas Mary,(that could be a title to a song)! Give that 'unc' of ours a hearty hug for us! Enjoying your Meme List, and see the nice pansy mention,"thank you"!
Isn't this weather something, guess I'll rethink wishing for a white Christmas from now on...
Noel, Debbie~