Monday, March 02, 2009

The Nineties

Last week was a shock to our system since it was 80 degrees our first week here. During the trip south, we hit wind and rain in northern California from Red Bluff on. Sacramento was a mud slide. We've never seen it so wet and flooded as this year. Our night in Needles was pleasant but not hot. Yuma is special!!! Lots of heat. But, actually as of Wednesday we are supposed to be back down in the mid-70's. That will be very nice.



This morning before the heat got bad, we crossed into Algadones from California, bought the meds we were low on, the Don Julio and Hennessy's we were out of, and the cigarettes a friend needed. We stopped for the freshest sweetest donuts before crossing back into the states, then drove to a bakery in E. Yuma on Fortuna Rd for fresh-baked bread and more delicious pastries. What happened the the celery and carrot sticks I had promised myself??!!

Tomorrow there are two quilt shows and sales that I hope to attend. Tom loves quilts, too. Then we're heading to Old Town Yuma for the weekly Farmers' Market, neat old shops, and lunch on the terrace at a restaurant there. It's supposed to be as cool as 86!!

Tonight we'll cruise to Applebee's for salads.

1 comment:

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

Oh How I dream of the 90's!! I don't mean the decade! Although my retirement would be doing better!

Miss ya!