Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday Fill-In #84 and losing Don P.



Thursday, August 7, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #84
1. You know you're old when the restaurant server asks if you want the senior discount! (and I thought 55 was still young!!) (Also see Steph's website at "See the moon"; it hits the nail on the head.)

2. My heart is divided between watching the Seahawks exhibition game tonight and watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics tonight.

3. A phonecall from my grandson and a phonecall from my sister** are what I need RIGHT NOW!

4. I have felt the elation of amazement, I have known the depths of sorrow.

5. Gah, won't these people** ever call me??!!

6. Come and see me as soon as you can!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to Seahawks football and the opening ceremony of the Olympics, tomorrow my plans include thinking of something to do for my sister Chris in New Mexico who just lost her husband and Sunday, I want to enjoy the sunshine and the day, hopefully with a couple granddaughters!

**Christine called to say she is doing all right. Don had pneumonia and blood clots and other problems. After 3 weeks of problems, she called Las Cruces hospice yesterday morning, and Don was gone within 20 minutes. Today, her best friend Carolyn gave her a haircut and brought her food (jumped the fence and beat on the door to get Chris' attention). So Chris is being looked-out for. She doesn't want any company right now; Donovan may go down about the 18th.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I talked to Christine a couple times. We both weeped a little. She needs a little time alone to adjust. Sounds like the railroad is going to take care of her, everything is paid off, she's going to be okay.