Angelo, our "Italian English Springer Spaniel" taken tonight.
( He wouldn't stand up so you can't really see his new haircut.)
Last night we had a really nice time at Tampico's with Veronica, Frank, MJ and Chloe. We had margaritas, chile verde in all forms, tamales and enchiladas. MJ and Chloe had their favorite virgin strawberry margaritas and Chloe had flan. We hadn't had a chance to just visit in forever, it seems, so this was good. We caught up on news and friends from the old neighborhood in Marysville (John, Linda, Jim, Danelle, Tara, Ashleigh, Billie, Kelly's and many more). It was also my first chance to see Chloe's tiny new tiny nose jewel. It's pretty. MJ has controlled herself for the moment but will, I'm sure, head back for more piercings as soon as she is allowed or turns 16!! She already has two nose rings and lots of ear piercings. We'll see what happens next, right , MJ?
The Maier family will be in one of the Carolina's in September for the Unschooling Conference where Veronica will be one of the noted speakers. From there they fly to New York, and on to Ireland and Italy. They hope to spend some good time with Chiara and her family as well as realizing the lifelong dream of visiting Ireland. I think I must have mentioned this trip before in my blog because now I remember saying "I'm so jealous!" MJ will have her camera and will, I'm sure, keep me posted visually!
And, as for tomorrow, it's housecleaning time and laundry day. How exciting!

1 comment:
Tampico was great. Mexican food, margaritas, and good company - what more could you ask for?
Post a Comment