Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits April 15th

Tax Day! Sinking of the Titanic Day! Sandy's Birthday!!

Today was a nice day. I slept soundly until 8:30, probably because Tom had such a wonderful fire going and the whole house was snugly! And, he let Angelo out before he had a chance to wake me. GG had her Korean neighbor for company and bagels this morning so I didn't pick her up until 12:30 to run to Prov for the pro-time blood test. GG is on cumudin (sp?) blood thinner since before her open heart surgery last August, and she needs a blood test every couple weeks to make sure the cumudin level is "just right", not too thin and not too thick!

We went to the old C Van's meat market on 15th and Rucker in Everett. It has been converted into The Red Umbrella Restaurant with soups, sands and salads, along with a latte bar and a wine bar, and lots of cozy little tables. We had the roast beef and cheddar on wheat with a bowl of fruit and raspberry Italian sodas. Very nice. We're going back. After lunch we drove thru north Everett admiring all the blooming trees: magnolia (tulip, light and dark pink), cherries (Whitecomite or something like that); and plants: Irish bells, forsythia, rhodies, Star magnolias, and many more. Beautiful. I especially like the pink star magnolias since I only remember them being white in years past.

We drove out Mukilteo Boulevard to find more beauty but it didn't get much better than around 15th and Rucker! North Everett is really beautiful. Also all the cherry trees are in bloom on 16th St and almost as gorgeous as the UW Quad , MJ. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. GG and I enjoyed the trip, even cruised thru Forest Park but there wasn't much blooming there yet.

And tonight, Chelsea called Papa and wanted to escape so he picked her up and brought her to the beach. She spent most of her time here on the laptop. Then we went to Froso's for huge shrimp Caesar salads for both Tom and Chelsea. I love their dinner salad which is covered in shredded mozzarella and my favorite ranch. Num!

So, we stopped by Staples cuz Chelsea needed pencils and we bought cool erasers for the rest of the girls. Discussed spaghetti dinner options with Chris and Denise, watched the beginning of Biggest Loser, and raced home about 8:30 to watch the big finish. Of course Allison won and we were pretty much rooting for Kelli. They both gave their all!

So now it's after 11 and I'm having breakfast early tomorrow am at Jake's in Snohomish with Rita, Ginger, Don, et al. Then there's Lodge at 6:30. We're taking pesto.

Ciao Bella!
Labels: Doings, GG

No comments: