Monday, September 01, 2008

The Countdown!

The Punteney's kept us entertained all weekend so the waiting and pacing were kept to a minimum. They went home about 0930 this am; then we took Chels and Sam to the E.Mall. (They had been sleeping on the hide-a-bed all weekend with Angelo.)

Tom picked up the pickles that hadn't sealed, brought them home, reheated their brine, re-filled the jars, and then hot-bathed those 5 qts. They are now all sealed. We broke our backs over scrubbing those pickles on Friday afternoon. Madison, Emma and Ella helped me scrub; Denise scrubbed; Tom scrubbed; and then Chris scrubbed Erin's precious gherkins for 2 hours at the kitchen sink!! They were all muddy! Muddy, muddy cukes! But they're done now and our backs will heal.

Tom and I bought a new printer last week, a new HP Photosmart All-in-One. Hooray!! The old one bit the dust and wouldn't stop grinding gears! We can now copy our NYTimes Crossword puzzles so we can both have a copy, print beautiful pictures straight from the memory card as well as from the laptop. I haven't tried all the features but I love the Red Eye Removal! If I knew more about my camera, I could probably do it there, too!

I was pretty sick yesterday so I missed MJ's 16th birthday party. I'm sick thinking about missing it! But Papa took Chelsea, Sam, Pat and Allison and they had a great time at Romio's on Colby. They tell me MJ loved her present. The entire Maier family is geared up and hyped up about leaving tomorrow 9/2 for North Carolina, Italy to see Chiara and family, then a tour of Ireland. We will miss them tons!! Their return is scheduled for early October. I'm sure they will have a fabulous time!

Papa is still snoozing. Heavy meds to keep the bp down. More soon. Ciao, bella!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Nothing worse than muddy cukes! Tell Big Tom that we are all pulling for him. Take care of yourself.