Sunday, September 21, 2008

News from Priest Point and from Venice

Priest Point
Tom is resting up. He has cut his pain meds in half. Walks, talks, eats good but only half of normal. He is still on oxygen; can sit in a chair without it but his oxygen level drops to 90 and goes back up to 95-98 when on oxygen. He has to practice deep breathing because his lung capacity was somewhat diminished prior to the surgery (left lung). As I listen to his breathing while asleep, I'm sure he will soon be in sleep apnea correction school!!

Angelo still doesn't know what to make of the walker and the oxygen condenser. He's leery of both and doesn't go see Tom if the walker is too close. Tom still uses the walker for stability because he knows if he falls, I can't get him up and we'd be calling 9-1-1. Although his balance is better every day and he does forget to take the walker with him from time-to-time.

Venice
Meanwhile, Veronica called from Venice about noon yesterday, Saturday 9/20. She must have heard me worrying about her and hers!! They had just recently gotten to Venice from Rome and had taken their first great gondola ride!! On her next canal cruise she will look for "Via Canonica", the name of a bridge over a canal. (Lynn found it when she was there.) After a few days in Venice, they return to Trentino or Garda Lake, then on to Milano and fly to Dublin next Wednesday, the 24th.

Veronica called on MJ's phone which was about battery-dead. I hope someone has a charger and they call us again soon! I must remember to say "Pronto!"

2 comments:

Scott said...

Thanks for the update. You're a treasure.

Ronnie said...

We did find Via Canonica. It's right off Piazza San Marco. We also ate in La Trattoria Canonica near there. I took pictures of the bridge and will post them eventually.